2. Current Version Limitations and Important information
3. RAID and Full Disk Encryption 1. Minimum System Requirements DESlock+ requires a minimum specification of machine in order to run effectively. The system should comply with or exceed the specifications listed below: 32-bit and 64-bit*1 versions of the following operating systems
- Internet Explorer 6 or later *1 64-bit refers to x64 operating systems DESlock+ does not support IA-64.
*2 Windows XP requires Service Pack 3, this is available from Microsoft
*3 DESlock+ can also be installed on Server 2008 R2 with Remote Desktop Services, allowing remote users access to core DESlock+ features such as Outlook Email Encryption, Encrypted Archives, Encrypted Files and Encrypted Virtual Disks. For DESlock+ to work on Remote Desktop Services it must be installed from the Add/Remove Programs applet in the Control Panel.
*4 DESlock+ is compatible with Windows 8, however you will not be able to perform a Full Disk Encryption of your Windows 8 machine if;
a) You have a Windows RT device
b) You have a touch screen computer with no keyboard Full Disk Encryption is not supported on dual, multi boot or software RAID systems.Doing so may render your PC unbootable. If in doubt please contact support first. Please ensure you keep a copy of your logincredentials for your Key-File and Full Disk Encryption. DESlock Limited is unable to assist with lost user details.
Enterprise Server users : Please upgrade your Enterprise Server to version 2.2.14 or newer. This is available on request from DESlock+ Support.
2. Current Version Limitations and Important information Decryption of Full Disk Encrypted disks may be necessary to perform an upgrade. This will be necessary if the workstation was originally Full Disk Encrypted using DESlock+ v220.127.116.11 (Feb 2011) or older, even if you are now running a newer version. To check, the version of DESlock+ pre-boot authentication can found at the top-right hand corner of the pre-boot authentication screen. If this is version 0.78 or older decryption is necessary before upgrading. DESlock+ cannot be used to encrypt folders which use NTFS native compression or encryption.Attempting to encrypt a compressed/encrypted folder or activating compression/encryption on a DESlock+ encrypted folder will fail. DK5 USB hardware tokens are no longer supported. If the visibility of file names is significant, we recommend you use a Virtual Disk to encrypt your data. When initializing a new hard disk, Windows must be rebooted before starting encryption. Failure to do so will render the disk unusable until it is reformatted. Any data written to the disk will be lost. The Outlook plug-in does not display any menu or button items when Microsoft Word is used as your e-mail editor under Outlook XP and Outlook 2003. DESlock+ requires that Word is not selected as your email editor.
uncheck the "Use Word when editing e-mail messages" check box.
3. RAID and Full Disk Encryption With the release of version DESlock+ 4.7.8 we have updated the pre-boot environment for MBR based systems to support machines using IRST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology), this is sometimes referred to as RAID-Ready. Software RAID is not supported. Although every effort has been made to ensure the stability of the RAID support, it is recommended that you test your specific RAID configuration with Full Disk Encryption before using it on a live system. If you are unsure please contact DESlock+ Support.
4. Safe Start With the release of version DESlock+ 4.7.8 we have added the ability to test your system before any encryption of data takes place. This is done to ensure that after our pre-boot environment is in place on the system, the system continues to function. In the event that a failure is encoutered you can simply restart you system and it will be returned to normal. If you are unsure please contact DESlock+ Support.
Third party libraries used in DESlock+
Gladman AES Library Copyright (c) 1998-2013, Brian Gladman, Worcester, UK. All rights reserved. The redistribution and use of this software (with or without changes)
is allowed without the payment of fees or royalties provided that: source code distributions include the above copyright notice, this
list of conditions and the following disclaimer; binary distributions include the above copyright notice, this list
of conditions and the following disclaimer in their documentation. This software is provided ‘as is’ with no explicit or implied warranties
in respect of its operation, including, but not limited to, correctness