2. In Control Panel, click Programs and then click Turn Windows features on or off.
3. In the Windows Features dialog box, click Internet Information Services.
4. Expand Internet Information Services. Additional categories of IIS features are displayed. Select Internet Information Services.
5. Expand Web Management Tools and then select IIS 6 Management Compatibility.
6. Expand World Wide Web Services, select Application Development Features, under Security, select Basic Authentication and Windows Authentication. Click Ok
The .NET Framework 4 can be installed side-by-side with previous versions of the .NET Framework on a single computer. If IIS was previously enabled on the computer, the setup process for the .NET Framework automatically registers ASP.NET 4 with IIS. However, if you install the .NET Framework 4 before you enable IIS, you must run the ASP.NET IIS Registration tool in order to register the .NET Framework with IIS and create application pools that use the .NET Framework 4. To manually register ASP.NET 4 with IIS, at the command prompt, type the following command and press Enter: %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe /i.
After registering ASP.NET 4, you must ensure that the restriction status of ASP.Net v4.0.30319 is set to Allowed. To check the registration status, follow these steps:
1. Open IIS Manager. In Features View, double-click ISAPI and CGI Restrictions.
2. The restriction status of ASP.Net v4.0.30319 should be set to Allowed. You can change the restriction status by selecting the restriction and clicking Allow or Deny in the Actions pane
3. Click Ok
Install Microsoft Office Excel 2010 or 2007
Microsoft Office Excel is required for using the Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) feature in BizTalk Server. You use the BAM Office Excel Workbook to define the business processes you want to monitor. You also use the BAM Excel Workbook to define the way in which business users see the data collected by BAM.
BizTalk Server 2010 supports only 32-bit version of Microsoft Office 2010.
The following procedure installs only Office Excel. You can install additional Microsoft Office system applications and tools if you wish, but they are not necessary to complete the installation of BizTalk Server.
To successfully load BAM.xla into Excel, install the Visual Basic for Applications option under Office Shared Features. Otherwise, you may get the error “This workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features.”
To install Microsoft Office Excel
1. Insert the Microsoft Office installation disk into the DVD-ROM drive.
2. When you reach the Type of Installation screen, select Custom Install, and then click Next.
3. On the Custom Setup screen, ensure that Excel is selected, and then click Next.
4. Click Install.
5. On the Setup Completed screen, click Finish.
Install Visual Studio 2010
The BizTalk Server development tools are based on Visual Studio 2010. Therefore, at a minimum, you must have the Microsoft Visual C#® .NET portion of Visual Studio 2010 installed on your computer before installing the BizTalk Server Developer Tools and SDK component.
Visual Studio 2010 is not required if you are installing BizTalk Server on a production computer (runtime only), on which no application development or debugging will occur.
The BizTalk Server runtime components require .Net Framework 4 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. In addition, the .NET Framework 3.0 is required if the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) adapter or WCF Interceptor is installed.
If you install Visual Studio and BizTalk Server, and then upgrade to Visual Studio Team Explorer, it may be necessary to repair your BizTalk Server installation by using Control Panel (View by: Large/Small icons) - Programs and Features.
To install Visual Studio 2010
1. Insert the Visual Studio 2010 installation disk into the DVD-ROM drive.
4. On the Start page, accept the license agreement, type your Product Key and any other necessary information, and then click Next.
5. On the Options page, select Custom, and then click Next.
6. Under Select features to install, clear all features except Visual C#, and then click Install.
Your version of Visual Studio may include Microsoft SQL Server Express as an optional feature. Do not install this feature, as it will cause BizTalk Server setup to fail.
7. On the Finish page, click Finish.
8. On the Visual Studio Setup screen, click Exit.
Install SQL Server 2008 R2/ SP1
BizTalk Server provides the capability to specify a business process and also a mechanism by which the applications used in that business process can communicate with each other. SQL Server is the main repository for this communication mechanism. You must install SQL Server 2008 R2/2008 SP1 (Enterprise Edition is recommended).
BizTalk Server supports all case-sensitive and case-insensitive SQL Server collations except for binary collations. Binary collations are not supported.
BAM real-time aggregation (RTA) is not supported in SQL Server 2008 R2/2008 SP1 Standard Edition. In order to use BAM RTA, you must install SQL Server 2008 R2/2008 SP1 Enterprise Edition.
To install SQL Server 2008 R2
1. Insert the SQL Server 2008 R2 installation disk into the DVD-ROM drive. The setup program will begin automatically. If prompted for automatic installation of prerequisite software, click OK.
2. On the SQL Server Installation Center, click Installation.
3. Click New Installation or Add Features to an Existing Installation.
4. Review the information on the Setup Support Rules screen, and then click OK.
5. On the Product Key screen, enter your product key and click Next.
6. On the License Terms screen, select I accept the license terms, and then click Next.
7. On the Setup Support Files screen, click Install.
IBM WebSphere is not supported by Microsoft, and Microsoft makes no guarantees about the suitability of this program. Use of these programs is entirely at your own risk. For more information about these utilities, including download instructions, see the IBM Web site at www.ibm.com.
Finally, you must run the MQSAgent COM+ Configuration Wizard (MQSConfigWiz.exe) on the computer where MQSAgent is installed prior to using either the MQSeries Adapter or the Windows SharePoint Services Web service.
Install SQL Server 2005 Notification Services
If you plan to use BAM Alerts in your BizTalk Server project, you must install SQL Notification Services and its prerequisites on your BizTalk Server computer. This SQL Server 2005 feature is not included in SQL Server 2008 R2/2008 SP1, but you can install it from the Microsoft Download Center.
To install SQL Server 2005 Notification Services
1. Click or navigate to the Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - December 2008.
2. Depending on your platform, download the appropriate package from the following three components:
Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
X86 Package (sqlncli.msi)
X64 Package (sqlncli_x64.msi)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Management Objects Collection
X86 Package (SQLServer2005_XMO.msi)
X64 Package (SQLServer2005_XMO_x64.msi)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Notification Services Client Components
Under certain stress conditions (such as clients accessing SQL Server from the same computer), the SQL Server Shared Memory protocol may lower BizTalk Server performance. You can resolve this problem by disabling the use of the Shared Memory network protocol in the SQL Server Client Network Utility.
To disable Shared Memory protocol for SQL Server
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, click Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Configuration Manager.
2. In SQL Server Configuration Manager, expand SQL Server Network Configuration, and then click Protocols for MSSQLSERVER.
3. In the User Accounts dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
4. Under Advanced user management, click Advanced.
5. In the left-hand pane, click Groups.
6. In the right-hand pane, double-click Administrators.
7. In the Administrators Properties dialog box, look for your name in the Members list.
8. If your name is in the list, proceed to Step 9.
If your name is not in the Members list, do the following:
In the Enter the object names to select box, type your name, and then click Check Names.
Once your name is recognized, click OK.
9. Click OK to close the Administrators Properties dialog box, and then close the Local Users and Groups pane.
10. Click OK to close the User Accounts dialog box.
11. Close the Users Accounts pane.
Configure the Application Event Log
BizTalk Server setup keeps a record of events in the Application Event Log. Depending on the BizTalk Server features installed, the amount of space required in the log may exceed its limit. If the application event log runs out of space during BizTalk Server setup, the installation will fail.
To prevent this from happening, you can change the settings in the Application Event Log.
To change settings in the Application Event Log
1. Click Start, click Control Panel (View by: Large/Small icons), and then double-click Administrative Tools.