OEM Request Form for ADVANTECH Windows XP Embedded based Products and Services V1.10
ADVANTECH is fully committed to meeting your Windows XP Embedded needs. We provide Windows XP Embedded integration service to our Windows XP Embedded customers. To further encourage customers, we now starts to refund pre-collected NRE charge after your purchasing 300 pcs of Windows XP Embedded License. If you have specific questions or want more information about any of our Windows XP Embedded based products or services, please fill out this form.
Please be as detailed as possible so that we may be better able to assess your project requirements and offer the best possible custom solution to meet your needs.
Advantech sales representative:
1. Which Advantech hardware products are you interested for your Windows XP Embedded project? (e.g. Single Board Computer or Others)
7. What is the maximum acceptable storage capacity for this project?
(16, 24, 32, 48, 64, 96, 128 Flash disk or Hard Drive are typical storage size increments. Windows XP Embedded OS image size depends on the selected components; as such it may vary from 12MB to over 100MB.)
8. What types of experience on “Windows XP ” or “Windows XP Embedded” does your company have?
A. Windows XP Application Programming
B. Windows XP Embedded OS Image Developments
9. Do you have the following Windows XP Embedded development tools?
A. Microsoft Windows XP Embedded (1 CDs, Windows Embedded Studio: Target Designer & Component Designer)
10. Do you need ADVANTECH to create an OEM/ODM project to build a custom Windows XP Embedded Image for your project?
11. What language version of Windows XP Embedded do you plan to use?
(English, Germany, Japanese or others)
12. Does the system include touch screen?
13. What is the touch screen controller interface?
14. What is the vendor name and model name for the touch screen panel and controller for the touch screen? (Elo, MicroTouch, Hampshire, Ronics, or others)
15. Are there any add-on (ISA, PC/104, PCI or PC/104+ card) or other peripheral device (Serial Port, Parallel Port or PCMCIA interface)? What is the vendor and model name(s) for the peripheral device(s)?
16. Do you have the Windows XP driver available to you for the add-on or peripheral devices?
17. Are you porting an existing system to Windows XP Embedded?
18. If yes, what is the current OS of the system?
19. Are there any other embedded operating systems being considered?
20. Windows XP Embedded use the same binary as Windows XP. So we suggest you may build the prototype with Windows XP, SBC and all peripheral devices before using Windows XP Embedded.
Did you have the chance to test on Windows XP? What problem did you encounter for the prototype testing?
Windows XP Embedded is a modular OS. You can exclude the unnecessary software module/component to keep minimize the Windows XP Embedded image. Depending on your project needs, you may be able to use smaller capacity flash disk/DRAM to reduce cost and achieve better overall system performance.
21. If possible, please specify the Windows XP components you want to be included and/or excluded for this project?
Answer: 22. When you decide to have ADVANTECH create an OEM/ODM project to build a custom Windows XP Embedded Image for you. We will need following items from you. Please provide them separately later. A. Your final freezed application software (any further modification could need rebuilding of the OS and hence re-application of your project)
B. One or two hardware golden samples including storage and all necessary peripherals that are functionally identical to final shipping product.
C. A summary of the OS functions that are used by your application (such as DirectX, ActiveX, COM, browser etc.)
D. A complete testing procedure of your application for verifying the OS build. The verification of the OS build will be only based on this testing procedure.