2. Which of the following is NOT a form of software that is free?
a. Public Domain
b. Open Source
3. Which of the following is an example of business software?
a. Video games
b. Electronic medical records
c. Recipe manager
d. Project management software
4. Which of the following is NOT an example of word processing software?
a. Microsoft Word
b. OpenOffice Impress
c. OpenOffice Writer
d. Corel WordPerfect
5. Select all of the following that are examples of communications applications.
a. EHRs and EMRs
b. Health Information Systems
d. Statistical software
7. Which of the following is NOT true about an operating system?
a. It is a set of programs that coordinate all activities of hardware resources.
b. It is the layer between the application software and the hardware.
c. It is unique to each individual computer hardware system.
d. There is only one operating system available for all computers.
8. A ________ interface is one where the user types in all the commands.
a. Command line
b. Graphical User
a. You install a new printer.
b. You do a major upgrade of your OS.
c. You buy a new computer and want to use your old printer.
d. Your driver was corrupted.
10. _________ is a way that operating systems give the illusion of a large memory.
a. Physical memory
b. Permanent memory
c. Virtual memory
11. What is the latest version of Microsoft Windows OS?
a. Windows XP
b. Windows 7
c. Windows Vista
d. Windows NT
12. A(n) ________ is a way of organizing files and their data.
a. Operating system
b. File manager
b. File compression
15. When a hard disk drive is being accessed, the _______ spins and the _____ moves until the head is over the proper location on the disk.
a. Spindle, arm
b. Platter, arm
c. Head, arm
d. Arm, head
16. Disks are formatted into _____, which make up tracks.
17. Files that are stored in non-contiguous clusters are called __________ files.
a. Microsoft Windows Vista
b. Microsoft Windows 7
c. Microsoft Windows XP
d. Microsoft Windows 95
True/False. Select the correct answer.
19. The code used in an application is the same as the database.
Component 4/Unit 4 Health IT Workforce Curriculum