15. Which WDS Server Properties dialog box tab includes optional settings for the default boot program and default boot image?
ANS: A PTS: 1 REF: 46
16. Which WDS Server Properties dialog box tab provides options to deconflict WDS and DCP running on the same system?
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: 46
17. In order to install a KMS key on the host, you will first need to have the KMS ____.
ANS: A PTS: 1 REF: 49
18. A KMS key can activate up to ____ hosts on a network.
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: 49
19. Network environments not supporting DDNS should disable auto-publishing using the ____ option of the slmgr.vbs script.
ANS: B PTS: 1 REF: 50
20. Which command is used to manually activate KMS clients?
ANS: A PTS: 1 REF: 52
21. MAK uses Microsoft’s ____ activation services for a one-time activation.
ANS: D PTS: 1 REF: 52
COMPLETION 1. A(n) ____________________ is basically a copy of an existing operating system and the associated configurations.
PTS: 1 REF: 38
2. ____________________ deployments provide the capability to deploy an image through a multicast deployment to multiple computers.
PTS: 1 REF: 46
3. ____________________ provides the capability for volume licensing, which is used for Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
Volume Activation (VA)
PTS: 1 REF: 46
4. Organizations are issued ____________________, which are used with volume licensing products.
Volume License Keys (VLKs)
Volume License Keys
PTS: 1 REF: 46
5. An SRV record, which is also referred to as a(n) ____________________ record, is a record of data that DNS uses to identify services available.
PTS: 1 REF: 49
MATCHING Match each item with a statement below.
Key Management Service (KMS)
Multiple Activation Key (MAK)
1. Enables you to create custom install images.
2. Provides the core networking components to transmit data.
3. Activates the product on a system on a one-time basis.
4. Client computers will boot into this image in order to install the operating system.
5. Automates the activation process and makes the management of the activation process much more efficient.
6. Provides complete Windows Deployment Services functionality.
7. Deployed to the client computer; they are the operating system images.
8. Enables volume activation within an organization’s own network.
9. Enables operating system installation on a system that cannot boot from the network using the Pre-Boot Execution Environment (PXE).
1. ANS: E PTS: 1 REF: 38
2. ANS: G PTS: 1 REF: 28
3. ANS: D PTS: 1 REF: 46
4. ANS: A PTS: 1 REF: 38
5. ANS: H PTS: 1 REF: 46
6. ANS: B PTS: 1 REF: 28
7. ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 38
8. ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: 46
9. ANS: I PTS: 1 REF: 38
SHORT ANSWER 1. Describe the significant enhancements to Windows Deployment Services over the older Windows 2003 Remote Installation Services (RIS).
There have been significant enhancements to WDS. The following reflects the major changes from RIS:
· Can deploy newer operating systems, such as Vista and Windows Server 2008
· Uses Windows PE as the boot operating system
· Uses Windows image (.wim) files for image-based installations
PTS: 1 REF: 27
3. Describe two prerequisites for installing the Transport Server only.
The following are the prerequisites for installing the Transport Server only:
· Local Administrators Group Credentials. Must be a member of the Local Administrators group.
· PXE Provider. You must create a custom PXE provider to network boot. Windows Server 2008 R2 has a PXE Provider.
PTS: 1 REF: 28
4. Describe three ways to install Windows Deployment Services.
Windows Deployment Services can be installed in three ways:
· From Server Manager. This chapter focuses on performing tasks using the Server Manager.
· Using the Initial Configuration Wizard. From the Initial Configuration Wizard, you can select to Add Roles to your server. The process of selecting the desired role to add is very similar to adding roles to your server using the Server Manager.
· From the command line.
PTS: 1 REF: 29
5. List four guidelines for installing a boot image.
Boot image guidelines include:
· The boot menu can have up to 13 boot images
· The .wim file name cannot have spaces
· You can use the Windows Server 2008 Boot.wim file
6. Describe the prerequisites for adding an install image.
The following are prerequisites for adding an install image:
· The client must be able to do a PXE boot.
· The client must be a member of a Domain Users group.
· The client computer must have at least 512 MB RAM.
· The client computer must meet or exceed the client system requirements required for the install image for that operating system.
PTS: 1 REF: 41
7. Describe how to use Windows Deployment Services to automate the deployment task.
You can automate the deployment using an unattend file for the user interface of Windows Deployment Services and another unattend file for the remainder of the setup.
PTS: 1 REF: 46
8. Explain how to configure Volume Activation.
The Software License Manager (Slmgr.vbs) is a Visual Basic (VB) script that is used to configure Volume Activation. It can be run locally or remotely. The script should be run from an elevated command prompt to ensure the key operations are not prohibited when the script runs. To open an elevated command prompt, click Start, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
The general syntax of Slmgr.
General (lot. generalis - umumiy, bosh) - qurolli kuchlardagi harbiy unvon (daraja). Dastlab, 16-a.da Fransiyada joriy qilingan. Rossiyada 17-a.ning 2-yarmidan maʼlum. Oʻzbekiston qurolli kuchlarida G.
vbs is as follows:
PTS: 1 REF: 47
9. Describe how to allow WMI Traffic through the Windows Firewall.
In order for VA to work and not be blocked by the Windows Firewall, the Windows Firewall must be configured to allow Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) traffic; likewise, the same concept would apply for other security devices that you have enabled on the network. Allow the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) exception in Windows Firewall, in a single subnet.
For multiple subnets, allow the following connections:
· Windows Management Instrumentation (ASync-In)
· Windows Management Instrumentation (DCOM-In)
· Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI-In)
· Allow remote access in the scope
PTS: 1 REF: 48
10. How do you deploy KMS clients?
Use the system preparation (Sysprep) tool or the Slmgr.vbs script when using the Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) for deployment and activation. The Windows AIK enables you to create and deploy customized images for supported Windows operating systems. Windows AIK enables you to do unattended installations, capture images, and create PE images.