(Report your results at the end of this document) We are looking for beta testing of the following items. Any testing you can do is very much appreciated. Please let us know what you discover. At the end of this document is a questionnaire regarding the tests below, where you may report the results of your testing.
Before you install
Before using ZoneAlarm, check the time it takes to start up the system, shut down, log on and log off, go to sleep, hibernate, and the wake-up time. Please also make sure that your Windows OS has its latest updates.
Antivirus_(ZAAV)'>After you install ZoneAlarm Antivirus (ZAAV):
Note system start-up time during first reboot. Check memory usage and CPU for vsmon.exe and zlclient.exe (You can use Windows Task Manager > Processes panel – on Vista, remember to select “Show processes for all users.”)
On the Antivirus panel, click Scan for Viruses and allow the first “deep” scan when prompted.
During the first antivirus scan:
Check the CPU and memory load of vsmon.exe, zlclient.exe and ScanningProcess.exe
Surf the Internet via Internet Explorer or FireFox, and note any visible slowdowns or freezes
Open any video file or listen to music (via the Internet or locally) - validate that there are no visible slowdowns or freezes
Try to upload or download files (larger then 10Mb) by HTTP(S), FTP, or Win share
Perform normal activities that you usually use your computer for
Play a game that uses Adobe Flash Player
4. After the scan finishes, validate that memory is released by all processes (ScanningProcess.exe, vsmon.exe and zlclient.exe)
5. Validate that during log off/log on of other user accounts that there are no freezes or visible slowdowns. If you observe freezes or slowdowns, turn antivirus on-access scanning off (Antivirus panel > Advanced Options) and try again. Note that this is not applicable to the guest account, so do not attempt any tests using Guest.
6. Using Outlook/Outlook Express/Windows Mail/other email client with default ZoneAlarm settings:
Try to send/receive e-mails with different attachments (.zip, .txt and other). Validate that attachments can be opened.
Try to send/receive e-mails using different e-mail protocols: POP3/IMAP/Microsoft Exchange Server. If you have several accounts in your email client, validate that they all work.
Validate that there are no freezes or visible slowdowns.
If yes, did you see the same freezes with antivirus on-access turned off? _______________________________________________________________________
6. Email clients:
- Did you have any problems sending/receiving emails, or opening/saving attachments? ____________________________________________________________________
- What email client do you use? ____________________________________________________________________
- What email protocol do you use? ____________________________________________________________________
7. Did you observe any issues when shutting down ZoneAlarm during scanning? _______________________________________________________________________
8. Did you notice any issues when working on your computer with ZoneAlarm running and antivirus on-access turned off? ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
9. Did you notice any issues when working on your computer with ZoneAlarm running and antivirus on-access turned on? ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
10. Did you see any issues during de-installation? ________________________________________________________________________
Did you see issues when re-installing ZoneAlarm? ________________________________________________________________________
11. Did you see any issues with Windows Mobile Device Center synchronization? ________________________________________________________________________
Please specify what mobile device you use ________________________________________________________________________
To return the results, you will need to fill out our beta feedback form, located at: